Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh. As per the government’s guidelines, as of tomorrow (5th July 2020) the Gurdwara will be re opening for the Sangat. However, there will be a few precautionary measures in place which the Committee and sevadaars feel are necessary under the current climate:
– The Committee and sevadaars after consultation have made the decision to postpone the re- introduction of langar. We politely request all the Sangat to respect this decision. This will be reviewed on a regular basis and if any changes are to be made these will be made clear within this group.
– Please may all Sangat continue practising social distancing whilst on the Gurdwara premises. Floor markings have been placed throughout the Gurdwara hallway and also in the Darbar hall. We politely request that all Sangat respect these rules for the safety of themselves and others.
– We request all Sangat to refrain from entering the kitchen and congregating in the langar hall.
– May all sangat wear face masks and gloves whilst on the Gurdwara premises. A supply of PPE is available at the Gurdwara however we only have a restricted quantity so please bring your own if you have PPE. This is as per the government’s and World Health Organisation’s recommended guidelines.
– We also request for all Sangat to practice good hygiene and wash hands thoroughly upon entering the Gurdwara and also when leaving.
– Head ramaals will not be provided by the Gurdwara at this time due to possible cross-contamination. Please may you bring your own, if required.
– If you or any members of your household have symptoms of the virus then please do not attend the Gurdwara for a minimum of 14 days to ensure the safety of others and to reduce the risk of passing the virus.
If you have any queries or further recommendations then please discuss these with a member of the committee.
On behalf of the Parbhandak Committee
Guru Nanak Sikh Gurdwara, Hitchin